Little Hubbers Day Nursery SENCo Officer is a Fully qualified Nursery Practitioner with many years experience in this field. The SENCo works very closely with the Local Authority ensuring the SEND code of practice is followed and early intervention for children is actioned in a timely manner.
Contact numbers for our SENCo -07934046175 Ask for Danielle, Steph or Lauren.
Email – email@example.com
SENCO stands for Special Educational Needs Coordinator, and they have a legal duty to follow the SEND code of practice. This is crucial for early year’s settings in supporting early identification and intervention for children with special educational needs and will be a useful contact for parents if they were to have any concerns about their child’s development.
The role of the SENCO involves ensuring all practitioners in the setting understand their responsibilities to children with SEN and the setting’s approach to identifying and meeting SEND Code of practice. The role also includes:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Nursery’s SEND policy
- Coordinating provision for children with SEND
- Liaising with and advising fellow Early Years Practitioners, Ensuring all practitioners in the setting understand their responsibilities to
children with SEN and the setting’s approach to identifying and meeting SEN
- Advising and supporting colleagues
- Overseeing the records of all children with SEND
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND
- Ensuring parents are closely involved throughout and that their insights inform
action taken by the setting
- Contributing to the training of staff.
- Liaising with external agencies including the LA’s support and Educational Psychologist services, Speech and Language, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.